Sunday, October 26, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
As the kids have mentioned, we are administering a test on Tuesday (today) and Wednesday of this week. It is vital that all students be at school on these days. The test, called the Cog-AT, is used to make sure we are using the right instructional strategies for each student. The results will not be used in any other way by any staff member.
Please remember that Monday, October 27th is a Teacher Work Day. You may have a conference scheduled that day. Please be on time and prepared.
Thanks for your support! See you soon!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Choose from the activities below to make a total of 100 points. Do each choice on a separate piece of paper. You may use the fronts and backs of pages. Write the choice name at the top of the page. Attach ALL your work to this sheet. Assignments are due Friday morning. Incomplete assignments or missing assignments will be completed at Fun Friday. Please do not turn in work early.
* Write each word three times.
* Write each word one time using this code: vowels are blue, consonants are red.
* Write each word one time using a different color for each letter. (Rainbow Words)
* Have a helper give you a practice test on your words.
* Write a sentence with each word. Underline the word.
* Write all your words in ABC order.
* Find your words in a newspaper or magazine. Cut them out and glue them to a piece of paper.
* Write a joke or riddle for each spelling word. Include the answer!
* Write a silly story using all your spelling words.
* Find the value of each word if vowels are worth 10 cents and consonants are worth 5 cents.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
On Tuesday and Wednesday, we'll use book orders to practice our addition. Then, on Thursday and Friday, we are going to read this book:
Then we are going to do a webquest from this website. We will learn about addition and problem solving. I think we will have lots of fun AND learn too.
What can be better?