- Develop several good uses for the Flip Camera I got through Donor's Choose. I'm thinking first about a station where kids can sign up to record something they've scripted and practiced. Maybe along the lines of the Reading Rainbow book talks? Must research!
- Plan my read aloud books for the year. Find or develop lesson ideas that begin to incorporate the Common Core standards.
- Explore paperslide lectures as a mode of delivering info for Social Studies
- Investigate the idea of a flipped classroom - is this something I can make work in my setting? (elementary school, 50/50 access to computers/internet at home)
- Continue with my original plan from NCCAT - make Glogs of resources for my main content areas. Additionally, consider making a Glog for each month to host on my website. (We have to do monthly updates to our classroom sites. I'm looking for a simple way to manage this. Kids can't touch it and our wiki/blog sites don't count. The Glog would probably suffice and then I'd only have to change it once a month.)
- Spend time developing a PLN so I'm ready for August 25th! Must decide how public I want this to be locally - have had problems in the past so I'm thinking to keep this strictly online for now. We'll see.
- Consider writing a Bright Ideas Grant for Discovery Education's Science Tech Book. (Waiting to hear back from Discovery to see if this would even be possible.)
What are your plans for the summer? Anything special?