Wednesday, May 16, 2012

2012-2013 School Year - @Pinterest style

It's that time again! Time to start thinking about NEXT school year. Time to start reflecting on this year - what worked, what didn't, what needs tweeking, and what should be dumped altogether.  To help with this, I created a Pinterest board that my best bud/colleague and I can collaborate on. I pin stuff to it and know that she'll see it at some point. I don't have to remember to tell her - fantastic.  Here are some of my ideas so far...



I am hoping our team will do all our doors this way - one for each subject, show of "team spirit" and a good overview for the kids and parents of what they'll learn.


This site has some AWESOME resources for interactive notebooks for ELA (English Language Arts.) Since I'll be teaching the Common Core next year, I REALLY want to do a better job with this. I expect to spend most of the summer planning what the notebooks will look like.


The pin above and below go together. I love the idea of posting an interactive bulletin board that is curriculum related - offering challenges of various types for the kids. I'd consider offering extra credit to kids who completed a certain number of items. Definitely something to consider this summer!



I cannot say how much I LOVE THIS BB!!! It is hard to see, but there is a picture of each teacher and then their favorite book when they were a child. For our school, I'd like to see this put into the display case in the front entryway. That could be an all year display - possibly extended to include all staff - teacher assistants, office staff, even regular subs. We could possibly pull parents in as well. The whole idea being to show our kids that we LOVE books!


No comments: