Sunday, July 31, 2011

End of NaBloPoMo - Reflection

Well, I've done it! I completed the month of by blogging every day!  (And I'm celebrating this by being at the beach at this moment!)  I've really developed a blogging habit (I've been posting here and on my personal blog) and I've learned a lot about how to manage Blogger.

I've gone from a 4th grade teacher of everything to a 6th grade teacher of reading.
I've moved my classroom.
I've begun building a Twitter-based PLN where I'm following almost 60 awesome folks - and I've actually got 30-something people following me!
I've been able to get feedback on ideas through comments on my blog and Twitter.
I've experienced delight in watching site statistics - I'm such a goof-ball that way. (I'm not blogging for the numbers but it sure is a thrill to see that people actually come to the site! Wow!)
I've figured out that blogging helps me stay accountable. I'll have to use this more often in the future, as I have a bad habit of starting things and not following through.

So, I'll end July by saying thanks for coming on this journey with me.  It's been a great way to spend time this summer!

No comments: