Sunday, July 24, 2011

Resources I Use: Scoop It (@scoopit)

Today I'd like to share a site I used this spring.  After EOG testing, my students do a nutrition poster project. (Yes, it is a paper poster, don't judge us.)  I needed a better way to organize the sites they could use for research. (This was a HUGE disaster last year. I ended up sitting with each group as they researched.)  After poking around, I found
Here is a video from ScoopIt that describes what they allow you to do.



I installed their tool into my browser then just visited the sites I wanted students to be able to use.  A few clicks and the pages showed up in my Scoop It site for the project.  Super simple for me and for my students.

They don't offer embedding, but there are a few different gadgets and widgets you can put on your site.  If you are looking for a simple way to collect content for your students, I encourage you to check this out!





1 comment:

Beth said...

ps. Just realized this would be fantastic to include in a LiveBinder - you could have a specific topic on each page (fruits, veggies, etc.) of the binder with a ScoopIt for each.