Sunday, July 17, 2011

Resources I Use: Pinterest

I was introduced to Pinterest through my personal Twitter account. Folks are using it for all kinds of things but it immediately struck me as a way to save ideas for using in my classroom. Here is a shot of my view of my Teaching Ideas board on Pinterest. ( I have no idea why it says my past pin was 3 weeks ago - I was pinning last night until the wee hours!)

Clicking the image will take you to my Teaching Ideas board on Pinterest
You can see that the ideas I've "pinned" are arranged nicely and my comment/caption shows up underneath them.  On the right are links to my other boards and to the boards of people I follow and who follow me.  There is a search box at the top that lets you search everyone's pins.  Here's how Pinterest explains what they are.

I think Pinterest is a great tool for teachers.  We spend lots of time surfing the web looking for ideas.  Now we can save them for ourselves, remember the source, and share it with others in one click. (They've got a nifty little bookmark tool that installs into your browser.  Find and idea, click "Pin It," choose your options, and done.) Fantastic!

What web resources do you use?

No comments: